Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Little Things


As I laid in bed this morning, I noticed some little hand prints on our bedroom television. Honestly, I could not count how many times I have said---"Don't touch the TV, or get your hands off the TV." Seeing these little hand prints might at times ruffle my feathers. This particular morning, however, I started to enjoy the significance of those little hands prints and not the fact that I have to clean them off---once again!

Maybe it is because I have been home a couple of days without my children. Yup---it is probably that. :)

Maybe it is because I could lay in bed past 6:30 am without someone telling me that they are hungry or need help with something, or that their bed was wet for the balgillionth time. Yup--probably that too.

Or maybe it was because, this morning when I woke up, I decided that I was going to appreciate my life and where I am right now. I really do "try" to appreciate the daily "grid" of life. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes notsomuch.

But, today---TODAY, I am looking at these little hands and realizing that they will only be that small for a short time. They will only want to reach out and touch something on the TV that they love so much---probably Dora--for a tiny part of their life. And they may only want to hang out in my bedroom and watch Noggin for a short season. Before I know it, those little hands will be big hands and will be moving on from my bedroom.

Today, I chose to look beyond the mess, and see the life that is happening right in front of me. And today, I chose to take a deep breathe and enjoy all the details of my wild and crazy adventures of being mommy because before I know it---I will just be MOM.

1 comment:

The Rypple Effect said...

Love it Tanni! I am just waiting to see a pair of hands...he he. One day your house will be too quiet and too clean. But no worries...that won't be for a LONG time.