Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stepping Out

Well, I have been saying for more than a year, that God was pulling me to lead a bible study. BUT, if you know me, you would know that I get a little anxious about formally leading anything. Honestly, I can talk any one's ear off, but if I know I have to, then my nerves take control. We all know that God has a sense of humor and He knew that I was reluctant to take my own step of faith so He used a little peer pressure! :)
My dear friend and neighbor, Marcie did bible study with me last fall at Woodlands Church...even though she is a member of WoodsEdge. We had a great time together and I told her that I would join her, at her church, for the next study. She suggested that we lead one from her house.
Co-lead.
How could I say no? I mean, she is one of my BFF's. :)
So here I am, co-leading a bible with a dear friend and a very BIG God. I am letting go of my anxieties and letting God take control.
So....with all that said,
if you are interested in joining us, please feel free.
We are meeting this Thursday at 9:30 at Marcie's house. There is childcare provided from WoodsEdge....which is very close to her house. If you are interested in more details, please e-mail me or leave a comment and I will get you more information.
Here is the fabulous study we are doing. It is AWESOME! I did it a couple of years ago and I loved it. I am excited to do it again.
Oh, and if you were wondering, I am still a happy a member of Woodlands Church. :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

So glad you are walking in obedience!have no fear, you will do great! The study is awesome! God will bless this and use it more than you know. Trust him each step of the way. I will be praying for you both!

Janet said...

You two are going to be awesome. I will miss you on Thursdays, but I am so glad you are taking this step!
Love you,
Janet

Tanni said...

Thank you both so much! :)

Arianna said...

I absolutely need to read the book!
By the way your blog is awesome! Such an inspiration!