Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Life has changed as we know it...

Weeks before Gavin's first day of school, my anxieties started to creep in. Will he like his teacher? Will he get in trouble---often? Will he make friends? Will he see God in the public school? After many prayers, my soul calmed down and I began to get excited for Gavin.


Kindergarten is a big deal, you know?


With Billy about to leave town for the week and Grannie visiting, we anticipated his first day. I sat my alarm (for the 1st time in a REALLY long time) so that I would awake before the kids. Gavin was not so keen on me getting up before him so he made sure to get up earlier. :)


We picked out his clothes the night before and he got dressed as soon as he woke up. As I got up, my emotions were running high, but I was able to keep it together.



Gavin minus 2 teeth on his 1st day of Kindergarten. Notice his backpack--he put it on the moment he woke up and did not want to take it off. Finally after several suggestions, he took it off for breakfast.


Already tired of me taking pictures....and already tired...he had been up for a couple of hours at this point.


Brothers were really excited for Gavin's first day.


Breakfast


A green backpack was his only request to start Kindergarten. He did not care about clothes, he just wanted a green backpack.


Again, with the pictures mom?!


Walking up to the school and really excited.


Looking for his classroom.




He would only take a picture with Dad if the dinosaur could be in the picture. In case you were wondering, we do NOT have this dinosaur at home.


He also allowed me to take a picture with him as long as the little figurine could be in it too.


Gavin had a great first day and first week of school.


When I picked him up, after his first day, I asked him what his favorite part of the day was....he said..."lunch". That will probably never change. :)


He has made so many friends and everyday he comes home, I hear a new name. One really cool thing about one of his friends in his class, is that he has known her since he was born. It is Lily Claire, who use to live across the street from us when we live in Harper's Landing. They moved into our neighborhood a couple of months ago and surprisingly she was in his class. He is super happy about having her in his class and I am glad he has someone familiar to talk to.


Much thanks to Grannie for coming to visit/help me out this first week of school. We could not have done it without you. :)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am so glad he had a great first day and a familiar face!

Lacey said...

Somehow I missed this post... Look at him, such a big boy!! I am so glad he is loving school and most importantly lunch. :O) LOL. What a riot. And I love that you have him ask kids who aren't playing with anyone to play. Sweet boy. And I love that you call him Little G. We call our Gav man that too!