Wednesday, September 2, 2009

And then there were two...

Gage & Grayson have been anxiously awaiting for their preschool to start. And it finally did, yesterday. These sweet little boys are ready to get out into the world and explore it more and more. They are growing up so fast. I have a hard time not calling them "the babies". They are officially little boys now and if I would let them, they would go right to kindergarten with Gavin.
The process of getting to preschool last year was chaotic, to say the least. Three kids, three backpacks, two nap sacks...one mommy...you get the picture.
This year is completely different. There actually seems to be enough of me....which is an awesome feeling. I have two hands and two kids (who are wearing their backpacks). The process of getting into the school is pretty seamless. Balanced.
As I walked the boys through the halls to their classroom, I was reminded of how challenging some of my days were last year getting them to school. It made me really appreciate where we are now. Last year, after dropping them off, I would take a deep breathe and think "I made it!" In the moment, just thinking that I made it to the classroom. This year, after dropping them off, I took a deep breathe and thought "I made it!" I made it through last year and the craziness of 3 kids in preschool at the same time. Wow, what a year can bring.
Dear older self---never, never forget how challenging it is to have small children. Always be empathetic to the mothers going through it. Even though it is such a short time, it can be a very trying time. :)
And even though I still have small children, life is much, much easier now.
Here are a few pictures of the boys on their first day of preschool.



Thank you Mia & Papa for our cool light up shoes. Gavin has a pair too. :)



I told Gage to show me some teeth and this is what I got. I guess I should have clarified that I wanted to see front teeth.

Now, that is what I am talking about.

Big Boys!

3 year old -requirement before playing in the classroom--must wash hands.


1 comment:

Lacey said...

Awww...they are so cute. I love their little backpacks!! Hope they have a great year!