Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What you don't know can't hurt you...

A couple of days ago, I sent Gavin upstairs to clean up his room. He obediently (which he rarely does) went up stairs and cleaned his room. When I went to check on his progress, his room was surprisingly super clean! I praised him about his successful bedroom cleaning. We talked about his success all night and he was really proud of himself. Later in the evening, after he was in bed, I went in to check on him. As you can see, he was sound asleep.
For some reason (maybe a childhood memory), I was prompted to look under his bed.


Oh boy! To my surprise, this is where all his toys were.

I guess we have never discussed that "putting toys under the bed" was not an appropriate place to put them away. As far as he was concerned, he had done what I asked him to do. The toys seemed pretty happy under his bed, and if I am being honest, I prefer them there versus all over his floor.

The morning after, I praised Gavin again for his super success of cleaning his room. I then addressed the question, "where did you put all of your toys?" He innocently told me, "I put them under the bed Momma." There was no foul play here. He was just doing what he was told. Gotta love you for that little G! :)
For future reference though, we do have several wicker baskets that would also be a nice resting place for your toys.