Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sincerity in Sharing

I was surfing my blog list this morning and I came across the "I Am Second" blog. Great website, if you have not checked it out. The writer wrote a blog entry about the necessity to share and shared a video of Penn from the Penn & Teller show. A man gifted Penn with a small bible. Penn is a known atheist and he is sharing his response to receiving the gift. I thought that it was so inspiring that he was taken by the genuineness of this man.

I wanted to share this with you today because I think it is a great example of sharing the word of God with other people. I can imagine that sharing God with someone you know to be an atheist might be a little bit scary, at least it would be for me. The good news is, it is not our responsibility to convert someone to Christianity, is it however, our responsibility to plant a seed. God will do the rest.

Something else that comes to my mind is the importance of being sincere. Clearly, Penn could see that something was different about this man. I am grateful to have this example because it reminds me how important it is to always come from a genuine place. My prayer for every Christian today, including myself, is that we can all reflect the image of Christ as we witness to others. God is love, love is the greatest commandment and love must be sincere.

Romans 12:9
"Love must be sincere..."

Blessings,
Tanni

1 comment:

Toni said...

Thanks for the encouraging words! I'll check out the website.