To the best of my knowledge, here are some of the things he said:
remember that Billy and I are silent through most of this....
G: Daddy, you are the best Dad ever!
G: Mommy, you are the best Mommy ever!
G: Sometimes you are not the best mom and dad ever. (ouch! no one's perfect!)
G: I tricked you last night when I got out of bed. I really did not need to go potty.
G: Gage hit me and Grayson with the Thomas the train bag.
G: Sometimes, I get up in the night and color in my room.
G: Daddy, if you water your hair, will it grow? (hehehe!)
G: Mommy, I am going to call the police on you.
Mommy speaking for the first time: Why, would you want to do that?
G: Because I had to go to bed and I could not get up.
M: God says you should mind your mommy & daddy and the police do too!
I guess I need to have a few conversations with Gavin.
- That I am grateful that he thinks I am the "best" (most of the time).
- That no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes.
- That it is not OK to lie.
- That we need to work on taddling.
- That coloring should only be done while we are awake.
- Hair does not grow by watering it. :)
- When and when not to call the police.
- That Mommy & Daddy tell him what to do...for his own benefit.
Oh, my precious Gavin. I love how much your mind works and how much it is always thinking. I know you will keep me on my toes as you grow up. I look forward to watching you grow everyday.