Sunday, February 1, 2009

Silly Sunday

We were all sitting around the table this Sunday morning just hanging out. The boys were coloring and I was finishing my breakfast while reading my guilty pleasure, US Weekly. Grayson jumped up into my lap and wanted to share my breakfast even though he had already eaten, of course. I was not able to get through too many pages of the magazine before being interrupted. The page turning paused on the story of Kelly Osborne, an all too typical story in Hollywood. Thank goodness none of my little ones can read yet. I could just hear one of them saying, "Mommy, what is rehab?" Just so you know, I am working on my choice of magazine and hopefully I will get there soon at least before little readers emerge in our household. Anyway, Grayson was studying the page looking at colors and letters. He likes to tell me about everything he sees. I nod and confirm everything he is seeing and then he points to Kelly Osborne's knees and says "Momma, Look....a bottom!"

I look down at the picture and notice that her knees do resemble a bottom. I chuckled and was reminded how much toddlers minds are so literal....visually and verbally. To Grayson, if it looks like a bottom, then it is indeed a bottom....even if it really is someones knee's.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

that is hilarious.... it does look like a bottom! Too cute!

Ashley McWhorter said...

That has got to be one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time!!! :) I, too, have that magazine sitting on my table. Oh...and we found Cash's name in an US Weekly. :) See ya tonight!!!