Sunday, January 11, 2009

What in the World was He Thinking?

I was playing on the computer this morning and was interrupted by Billy yelling, "Honey, can you please come here?" I got up and found Billy and he proceeded to tell me that our oldest son decided to pee, YES PEE, off the second story banister. WHAT?

Honestly, I was upset, but it was almost more comical than upsetting, however, I could never let Gavin know that. Now, I know that I have never specifically told him not to pee off the banister, but what in the world was he thinking? I thought my biggest worries about anything coming off the banister would be cars/toys/balls and that was specifically explained as bad behavior. Billy and I both asked him why he did it and his best answer was "I could not make it to the bathroom and I really had to go." If you were wondering, the bathroom was another 5 feet so of course that explanation was not good enough....not that any explanation would work because there is no excuse for his behavior. He was sent to his room as we assessed the damage and tried to contain our laughter. As far as he knows, we were really mad (which we mostly were), but we could not quit laughing (inside of course). Thankfully, there were clean clothes (waiting to be put away) on top of the chair that received the bulk of the bad behavior.

Gavin waited in his room for his punishment/discipline and afterwards we prayed with him about making good/right choices and not bad/wrong choices. Hopefully this is a behavior that has been corrected after one occurrence. I am not sure if my furniture could take multiple offences. I have a feeling this will not be the last time that I am shocked by my children.

Oh, and if you were wondering how we found out, he told on himself, he is only 4 and they do that to themselves. I know that will change in due time. :)
Blessings, Tanni

8 comments:

Carol said...

Oh with 3 boys, you are just beginning to learn the places that they can do that! Be sure to check the plants in the house from time to time! Flower beds outside, etc... I can make you a longer list!!

Lacey said...

That is hilarious. We had one puke over the banister and that was fun to clean up..it splattered everywhere and I was in my first trimester with Hadley and gagging the entire time.
Too funny...a great story to torment him with when he is older. :) Boys, boys, boys....

Amy said...

LOVE it. That is a great one. Boys will be boys.

kimberly said...

Wow.. that's all I can say is WOW! I can't wait to see you on Wednesday! I will call you tomorrow while all of our munchkins are at preschool...

kammy said...

ok, so i'm laughing and cringing at the same time. i'm also thinking through all the places in our house that mason can/will christen... lovely.

Ashley said...

That is hilarious and gross. I hope we don't encounter that one at our house.

Wendy@RuensOnTheRun said...

Hahahaha...I can't help but laugh. Got to go share your story with Jeff now!! Bye. LOL

Toni said...

So this is what I have to look forward to with a little boy!!?? So funny!