Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Baby Is Growing Up

Gavin was 6 months old when he got his first two teeth. It was such a milestone and we were excited to meet it. My precious baby was growing up and getting teeth. I could not wait for the next mile stone and anxiously awaited for him to meet them one by one. I feel like the first several years of his life we have wanted him to grow and change so much, but that has all come to an end. I officially want to package him up and keep him right where he is.

I cannot believe that this time has come. Gavin's first two teeth are loose. He is growing up and there is nothing I can do about it. We were eating lunch a couple of days ago and I noticed some gaping in his teeth. His teeth have always been pretty proportioned on the spacing so I went in for another look....never thinking that his teeth would be loose, but they were. SOB!
It makes me sad to think that he is growing up so fast. If I could, I would slow it down. When people would tell me the time goes by fast, I understood, but this is the first time it is really sinking in. He, of course, would like to be 18 tomorrow and is super excited that his teeth are loose before he is turning 5. I will embrace it and encourage him to grow and change even though I don't like it. :) As I am typing this, I just want to remind myself to take in all the moments of being a mom and watching my kids grow up before my eyes. It is a gift and I want to treasure every moment.

Blessings,
Tanni

2 comments:

Amy said...

I know what you mean. It goes so fast and you forget to cherish the little moments. You get wrapped up in life and forget!!

Lacey said...

Awww....I hear you sister! I am constantly reminded how fast they ware growing up. It is WAY, WAY too quickly for me. I can't believe they will be in Kindergarten next year. Seriously..how did that happen?? I wish we could slow time down. I try hard to live in the moment, but it is definitely something I struggle with when life gets so busy. Anyway, can't wait to see those toothless grin pics!!