Thursday, October 23, 2008

Intentional Foul

OK, so I have a funny story. It is from a couple of years ago and it still makes me laugh. Gavin was about 2 1/2 and was in 2-day pre-school. We had been potty training for a little while, but it seemed to be lingering since we were also tending to our twin infants. Anyway, one day when I went to pick up Gavin from school, I was talking to his teacher about his day and I noticed that he was in different pants so I assumed he had an accident. His precious teacher preceded to tell me that he poo-pooed on the playground. Again, I assumed that it was an accident. I looked at Gavin and started talking to him about his accident. The teacher had to stop me because "technically" he did not have an accident. He actually pulled his pants down and willifully did his business ON THE PLAYGROUND! Let's just say in the moment, I was mortified and almost in tears, but managed to laugh instead of cry. The sweet teacher comforted me and said that it was not the first time it happened...which made me feel better. However, as I was leaving the school, I saw the principal and we were discussing and laughing about what had taken place. As we were talking she informed me that it was the preschool's first ever occurance. YEP, that was my first born! :)

I learned a couple of things from this experience.

1 - Your kids are going to do things out of your immediate control. Don't take things so personal. (I have come a long way since then. Gavin is now 4 1/2)

2 - Make sure to clarify with your spouse that it is probably not the best idea to let your son go to the bathroom outside at the park...especially #2. Here is the back story and his defense. Billy was at the park with Gavin a week prior to the incident and had ran there with the jogging stroller. He was at least 2 miles from home and of course Gavin decided he had to go. There was no bathroom and Gavin could not make it all the way home. This was a situation where you are up the creek without a paddle. In that situation, you do what you think is best. I honestly don't know if I would have not done the same thing. :)

This was probably the funniest Gavin story to date so I thought I would share.

I hope it gives you a nice chuckle. :)

Blessings,
Tanni

1 comment:

Ashley McWhorter said...

That is hilarious!!!! We are in the process of potty training Maggie, and this made me laugh. Thanks for the humor when I feel like I'm am about to pull my hair out!!!!