Monday, September 29, 2008

What Happens When the Lights Go Out









After the storm, fun things happened at the Gerwick house. We ate outside every night. On the first night after the storm, we all had popsicles....as many as we could eat...since they were going to melt without a freezer. We also bathed the boys outside since we could not see well in the house. We had flashlight adventures in the dark. Who would have thought that a few flashlights would entertain 3 boys for almost an hour in the dark. Lastly, we got some snow...well, kind-of. I was trying to find something creative for them to do and I found some powder that turns into snow. It was left over from a couple of Christmas' ago. It was a big hit and they played with it for several days.


We did enjoy spending time together. You really don't realize how much faster your life is with electricity. Don't get me wrong, I love my power, but as the boys grow up, I think we may have a "black-out" night every once in a while.


Blessings,
Tanni

No comments: