Sunday, September 21, 2008

Power of Love

We have power! We have power! I have to say it one more time....we have power! Praise God! We drove home from Prosper, Texas earlier today. When we walked into our house it was a nice 68 degrees (it was set on that prior to the hurricane so that we would have a cool house after the power went out.) That was my idea....and it was a good one!

I honestly can not believe that a week (8 days to be exact) has already gone by. We were very blessed to have the most gracious hosts ever...The Lewis Family! Thank you guys so much! We already miss you. As much as I love my family, I know they are alot to handle. Not too many families would embrace us as lovingly as Frank & Kathy did.

We attended church with Frank & Kathy this morning and their pastor was preaching about the word love. He said, love is the emotion most craved in life. It is so true. We all want to be loved and we all want to be shown how much we are loved. During the service, I thought about how much Frank & Kathy have loved us over this past week.

*They opened their home to us and our children with open arms.
*They allowed us into their schedule and their daily lives.
*They accepted us for who we are and embraced our differences.
*They comforted us when we were fretting on the "what if".
*They self-lessly gave their time.

Thank you guys so much for loving us. There are no words to describe how thankful we are. Our life is blessed with you in it. We hope that you know how much we love you too!

John 15:12-13
My command is this, Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

1 John 4:7-8
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

There is more to come on the eventful past week and a half....and pictures to prove it!

I am blessed!
Tanni :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm glad for your safe return home...and your electricity coming back on. :)