Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Mind of a 4 Year Old

Yesterday when I was doing my bible study, Gavin came into the office and asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was working on a study and then I read him the scripture that I was working on. He got really quiet and I asked him "What's the matter, buddy?"

G: "SSHHH! I am listening to Jesus."

So I sat there really quiet, wondering what he was going to say. I was so excited, I thought he might say something really deep, but 4 year olds never cease to amaze you so brace yourself for the next comment.

G: "Jesus said, (I am on the edge of my chair waiting for what he was going to say) I need to go poo-poo."

T: I can hardly contain my laugh, but I hold it in. "I guess you better go then."

G: Walking out the door he says "If I go poo-poo, then Jesus will fall out of my heart."

T: "Jesus will never fall out of your heart, He is always there."

And off Gavin went to the potty. There is nothing like the mind of a 4 year old. He keeps me smiling. Hope you enjoy this story as much as I do. This is why I blog. :)

Blessings,
Tanni

3 comments:

The Ruen Family: said...

I'm laughing so hard right now....priceless!!

Lisa said...

I'm laughing so hard I may need to take a trip to the potty!

Ashley said...

Too funny! Oh these boys....Nothing like them, huh?