Saturday, September 27, 2008

From backyard clean-up to knowing God...post took a different direction than initially intended





Here are a few pictures of our backyard after the storm. Our cleanup was minimal....so minimal that I almost did not post, but I wanted to have this as a memory. We removed a tree from our fence and disposed of it and then bagged about 10-12 large lawn bags full of debris. NOTHING compared to many people around us. There is a house a couple of blocks from us that has a blue tarp covering the entire roof. I just pray that the people that have endured loss, turn to God in their despair. We (as humans) can not take the weight of the world on our shoulders....we are not meant to. I was just telling Billy today that I could not imagine going through life without God. He guides my life and provides me peace in a (many times) chaotic life. My prayer today is for any of you reading this, who don't know God, to start a conversation with Him. It could be as simple as "Are you really out there?" Honestly, I have prayed that exact prayer early in my journey. The answer is yes and if you desire a relationship with Him, He will reveal himself to you. Almost 10 years have gone by since I said that prayer. Some of my steps were toward God and some were away from Him. Alot can change over 10 years, but for me, the biggest change is my desire to know God more everyday.

God is our creator, God is real, God is true, God is constant, God is love, God is near!

Psalm 119:151
"Yet you are near, O Lord, and all your commands are true."

Colossians 1:16
"For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him.

Blessings,
Tanni

No comments: