Thursday, September 11, 2008

Can We Talk?

I am so excited about the Bible study I started on Tuesday night. It is called "Can We Talk? Soul--Stirring Conversations with God" by Priscilla Shirer. She is an amazing author and teacher of the bible.

I have been a Christian for many years, but I have to say this is the most excited I have ever been about a study. I can not wait to see what God will teach me through this study. I have only done one day and I have learned that I need to focus more on what is coming out of my mouth (words). I have a pretty clean vocabulary, but after meditating over scripture, I realized that I still have alot of work to do. I love that this study will encourage me work on myself...even where I thought I did not need it.

James 3:8-11
"No one can tame the tongue, it is a restless evil and full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things should not be this way. Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water?"

I am sure there is more to come! :)

Blessings,
Tanni

No comments: