Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Belated 80th Birthday Grandpa! (Dad)

Happy 80th Birthday Dad, Grandpa, Bill! We love you so much and wanted to express how much through a letter of 80 thank you's. Sorry this is a little late, but we knew you were out of town so we waited to post. Thank you for the wonderful father you are to Billy and thank you for being a present grandfather to the boys. The list of thank you's came from Billy, with a little inspiration from me. Words can never express how much you mean to our family.

Happy 80th Birthday, Dad

  1. Thank you for marrying Mom
  2. Thank you for letting me be a kid
  3. Thank you for changing my diapers
  4. Thank you for teaching me to stick up for myself
  5. Thank you for teaching me how to ride a bike
  6. Thank you for taking me to Oklahoma to visit Uncle Will
  7. Thank you for letting me make cinnamon rolls with you
  8. Thank you for playing games with me in the car
  9. Thank you for raising your eye-brow to let me know you were serious
  10. Thank you for rocking me to sleep
  11. Thank you for my first awesome stereo
  12. Thank you for coaching me in sports
  13. Thank you for coming to every game
  14. Thank you for riding space mountain with me
  15. Thank you for coming to the mound in that baseball game
  16. Thank you for taking me fishing
  17. Thank you for letting me take my friends to the cabin
  18. Thank you for helping me with my homework
  19. Thank you for making me write my numbers until you could read them
  20. Thank you for letting me have a dog
  21. Thank you for taking me to the park when he pasted away to tell me
  22. Thank you for taking me on yearly family vacations
  23. Thank you for buying me a pass to the water parks
  24. Thank you for catching my baseball pitches in the front yard
  25. Thank you (and mom) for always having a family dinner at the table every night
  26. Thank you for letting me watch TV next to you on the couch
  27. Thank you for being home on week days
  28. Thank you for teaching me chess (that was fun for you!)
  29. Thank you for taking me to practices
  30. Thank you for letting me see God in your life
  31. Thank you for letting mom take me to church every week
  32. Thank you for coming to church with mom as a family on holidays
  33. Thank you for taking me to Europe as a kid
  34. Thank you for stressing the importance of staying away from drugs
  35. Thank you for waiting up on the couch for me to come home
  36. Thank you for taking me swimming at the Country Club
  37. Thank you teaching me common sense
  38. Thank you for teaching me how to drive a car
  39. Thank you for showing me the true importance of family
  40. Thank you for teaching me how to respect money
  41. Thank you for letting me have a computer when I was young
  42. Thank you for choosing some of my friends
  43. Thank you for the stability of staying in one house through high school
  44. Thank you for not letting me spend the night with just anybody
  45. Thank you for building me a clubhouse
  46. Thank you for making me get good grades
  47. Thank you for supporting me going to college
  48. Thank you for not judging me joining a fraternity
  49. Thank you for coming to my graduation
  50. Thank you for helping me with always having a car when I was younger
  51. Thank you for coming to help me if I called with an emergency
  52. Thank you for making me work tough labor to teach me a lesson
  53. Thank you for being such a good example
  54. Thank you for never fighting with mom
  55. Thank you for being a good husband
  56. Thank you for listening
  57. Thank you for being my number one fan
  58. Thank you for all your wonderful advice
  59. Thank you for what you did for my wedding
  60. Thank you for supporting my marriage
  61. Thank you for being very humble
  62. Thank you for doing what is right
  63. Thank you for loving your family
  64. Thank you for teaching me how to save
  65. Thank you (and of course mom) for helping us with our boys
  66. Thank you for driving here every time to visit us
  67. Thank you for helping me get started with a home and family
  68. Thank you (and mom) for giving us the opportunity to do vacations trips on our own
  69. Thank you for helping me start my own business
  70. Thank you (and mom) for shifting your schedule any time for our convenience
  71. Thank you for giving me the thought process to think outside the box
  72. Thank you for sharing your name with me
  73. Thank you for believing in me
  74. Thank you for letting me make my own decisions, as an adult
  75. Thank you for always taking time to talk to me
  76. Thank you for being my friend
  77. Thank you for second chances
  78. Thank you for not judging
  79. Thank you for all your support
  80. Thank you for being my DAD

No comments: