Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gavin and a couple of 1st's

I have been getting ready to leave town all week and have been talking to the kids about Grannie and Grandpa coming to town to visit while we are gone. Gavin has been missing his Grannie especially. This afternoon after I picked him up from summer camp he told me "I had a dream about Grannie last night and she made me eat avocados...and I did not like them." Talking about dreams may be a common occurrence in most peoples houses, but Gavin has never mentioned a dream before so I thought it was really neat that his first dream was about his Grannie and trying new things. One other first for the evening, Billy put Gavin to bed and like every night they each said a prayer. You never really know what is going to come out of his mouth. Some prayers are better than others. Tonight he prayed for better manners...WOW....can I say that again...better manners! What an awesome confirmation that what Billy and I are doing as parents is working. We love to see his little mind working and already trying to improve himself as a person...and involving God in that process. Way to go Gavin!

We are off to Chicago tomorrow. Billy will be coming home on Sunday and will have the kids by himself until I return on Wednesday. Say a prayer for both of us. We will both be experiencing new journeys this coming week. Blessings to all. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Feel free to leave my number handy if anything is needed. Have a safe trip at eat some Nancy's deep dish for me. And an Italian Beef.